ME - Substance Abuse Counselor (Bolduc)
|December 03, 2013 - January 03, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Substance Abuse Counselor provides counseling services to offenders in the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) Program at the TRA program. Works closely with the Maine Department of Corrections (MDOC) staff to coordinate all program services and provide information for case management/records management. Monitors the program environment and assures inmate compliance with all program and MDOC rules and regulations. Ensures offender adequately completes Individual Recovery Plan and RePAC (continuing care/relapse prevention plan). Serves as role-model/mentor for offenders while maintaining professional boundaries.
**This position is now offering a $1,000 Sign-On bonus! Details at interivew**
- BA/MA in Criminal Justice, Human Services, Education, Counseling or closely related field preferred; experience may be substituted for educational preferences.
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) required; Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) preferred.
- Familiarity with DSAT and/or certification highly desirable.
- Corrections experience or experience working in a secure environment preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred (ie: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc…)